The PICASO and POLYCARE projects organised a workshop on e-health solutions for home hospitalisation and patient empowerment on the 14th of November 2018 in Sankt Augustin, Germany. The workshop addressed clinical workers, patient organisations, members of self-help groups as well as developers of e-health solutions. Focusing on technology solutions that improve the cost-effectiveness and sustainability of healthcare services the event included the following topics:
- Integrated care for patients with multi-morbidities
- Acceptance and implementation of remote monitoring solutions at the patient’s home
- Improvement of patient empowerment through ICT applications
- Distributed ICT systems in the e-health sector
- Development and deployment of security layers within cloud solutions that guarantee the privacy and safety of the patient data, while enabling the coordination of services between different clinical and care providers.
Peter Rosengren from CNet presented the distributed e-health architecture developed in PICASO, which addresses the specific needs of the care system as well as of the patients, providing a solution with several cloud components to handle all details of privacy and security. The Picaso solution separates software and clinical data. Clinical data always remains in care facilities and is encrypted and pseudonymised when transferred in the cloud.
Federated eHealth Cloud Architecture containing Public, Care and Patient Clouds